Monday, February 2, 2009

The Doors of Bruges Series


























Back in September, 2007, I and 10 other members of the Chicago Calligraphy Collective, had the privilege of traveling to Bruges, Belgium to attend a class with an artist/calligrapher named Brody Neuenschwander. While there, we took frequent walking tours of the beautiful medieval city. The six doors you see here were among many photos I took while in Bruges. I photographed these with a digital camera, then enhanced them in Photoshop.

These images are available as 5 x 7 giclée prints and matted in either black or white, to fit an 8 x 10 frame and may be purchased through my Etsy site.

3 comments:

Mooi said...

I really like all the doors... cool and artistic. Mooi

Jill Berry said...

julie,
your work is so nice, and I loved seeing the doors of Bruges. I went with the first group a few years ago, and again last May. What a place!
I will send you a letter soon and I just love the idea.

Julie said...

Thank you, Mooi and Jill, for your comments.