Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Recent Piece

"O Come Let Us Adore Him"
Song: "O, Come All Ye Faithful" by John Reading
Text: Isaiah 9:6 (NIV)

OK. This may sound a bit strange, but nevertheless, it's true. I made the "O" one day when I was experimenting with an odd brush I'd found in a box of stuff. After I was done, I marveled at the fact that this "O" was so beautiful; so "complete"; and so utterly beyond anything I was capable of doing on my own (a fact that has been proven over and over because I can't seem to replicate that O, no matter what I do!!!). When this happens, I just can't help but remember that all I have--any talent, gift, ability, etc.--is God working through me; a gift from Him, given to me when I was created in His image, to represent His glory here on the earth and to worship Him with all of my life. All I have is from Him, through Him and for Him.

After that "O", it just seemed fitting to put the rest of the writing "come let us adore Him". And a reminder of who He (Jesus/Father/Jehovah God) is: the wonderful counselor, mighty God, everlasting Father.

This piece was accepted into the 2009 Juried Show at the Newberry Library. The exhibit is open through April 17. It is also available as a print. Please see my Etsy site for purchase information.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Yes, beautiful to lift all praises to GOD..because without Him we wouldn't be here! \o/ Love that "O"! Thanks for emailing me to invite me to your wonderful art blog. I love your story about "Wanna Play" so sweet and cute!!

Julie said...

Thank you, Anna!