Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring at Taltree


Lately I seem to be in a bit of the artistic doldrums. Sometimes I just don't know what project to work on, or don't feel inspired to make anything. However, spring has caught my attention and I can't help but take photos.

These images were shot on Saturday at Taltree Arboretum in Valparaiso, IN. I had a "mommy's day" alone while my guys were in St. Louis for the Supercross races. (Dirt bikes--inside!) The day was sunny and warm; the birds were singing; and I was absolutely alone out there. I found a bench under an enormous old oak tree that had about 10 thick "branches" (although they looked like separate trunks!) coming out of the main trunk. It felt like I was being held in the arms of the Lord while I sat and talked to Him under the tree. Unfortunately, I had left my camera in the car, so I couldn't photograph the oak tree. But once I returned from my long walk, I grabbed the camera and took these two pics near the area where I was parked.

No comments: