Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring is Here!

Yesterday was the first day of spring and I saw some green shoots pushing up through dead leaves on the ground. I love the imagery of something new pushing up through something old and dead. It reminds me that, in spite of a season of winter in my life, the Lord is at work, germinating new seeds in the deep, dark soil of my heart.


"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions (mercies) never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:21–23

3 comments:

Agnes said...

Julie,
Loved the way you photoshopped this photo!! You are so creative!

Julie said...

Thanks, Agnes! How's your photoshop experience coming along?

Agnes said...

Hi, Julie,
I e-mailed you a sample!!
Agnes