Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Art Festival Demo



This past weekend I had the opportunity to participate in a Youth Art Festival in Wheaton, IL. I was asked to do calligraphy demos throughout the day. I had so much fun playing with my unusual tools that quite a few audience members actually joined in and started making some really cool marks. Unfortunately, I don't have pics of their samples. But I'm going to share some photos of the samples I did.

The best part of the day was when some of the teenagers, as well as one particularly precocious 5-year-old girl, started writing with the messy tools. It was so much fun for me to stand back and watch them make beautiful marks!

3 comments:

Shelly W said...

It was a great day, Julie. People keep telling me to tell you thank you for coming. You really blessed us on Saturday, so thank you!

dthaase said...

Julie...it was indeed great to meet you and see some of your work--I am excited to follow this blog...I wound up getting a pen this week and a few nibs and am on my way...grateful for the inspiration!

Kathy McCreedy said...

Hey Julie! What a cool thing to do... I love the idea of engaging youth and sparking their curiosity about calligraphy... Brava!