Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Today in Luce's Studio

Today, my friend Cathy and I had a creative play date with our extremely talented CCC friend, Luce. She has a fabulous studio in her backyard (see her blog at http://lucezolna.blogspot.com/) and invited us over for a whole day of art. Here's a pic of her studio (filled to the brim with her many amazing creations) and a photo of Luce at her press.



We made some linoleum block prints (of which mine did NOT turn out!) but here's a photo of my friend Cathy (who is also amazingly talented!) at the press, along with her beautiful carving and blind embossed (I think that's the term) print.


We also learned a new bookbinding technique called an "Origami Pocket Book" and I believe it was designed by Hedi Kyle. It can be made in different sizes, depending on the size of the page you want to accommodate. Ours were made at approximately 3.5" x 5.5". I slipped in a few of the doodle pages I did today.

Thanks for a wonderful day, Luce!!!!

4 comments:

Shelly @ Life on the Wild Side said...

Wow! What a beautiful space she has to create. I'm a little jealous.

Great to see Cathy!! :)

Kathy said...

Very cool! Looks like you gals had fun!!

Kate said...

A beautiful studio space and three creative friends. What a great day!

Luce H. Zolna said...

Julie, thank you for all the sharing on play day.