Saturday, August 15, 2009

Online ATC Exchange - Part 1

Well, readers! The online ATC thing is off to a great start! Yesterday, I opened my mailbox and found two packages from women who follow my blog. Can I just tell you that I am a total softy for REAL, physical mail! I love seeing packages with my name on them. I love opening packages. I love finding treasures inside packages!

Now, don't get me wrong. I also love technology and the fact that I can jot a quick note off to someone on the other side of the world, and it gets there instantly. But I have to say there's something about a handwritten letter or card that doesn't compare to the virtual thing. Perhaps that's why I love calligraphy (and calligraphers!). We take great pleasure in making letters, notes and cards look beautiful.

OK. Enough of that. Below are some photos of what I received from Jane in Carmel, Indiana. Her beautiful work can be seen on her blog: www.janefarr.blogspot.com.

This absolutely delightful "book" is the holder for the ATCs she sent me.

And these are two of my favorite cards she sent me. (She sent me 6 in all, but for the sake of time, I'm posting two.) Thank you, Jane!

Check back for ATC Exchange - Part II, as I share more treasures from Donna in Oklahoma!

No comments: