Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Studio Hop

I've had this idea that it would be fun to do a "Studio Hop"—sort of like a progressive dinner. Artists within a small geographic area would open their studios for an evening, and a small group of people would "hop" to each one. While there, perhaps the artist would give a brief demo, show some samples of his/her work, and of course, share some tasty refreshments!

Well, I can't offer you any refreshments online, and you're already getting to see some samples of my work, but I can show you some pics of my studio. It's about 10' x 16', with a 10' wide x 3' deep closet that stores a lot of stuff.

P.S. If any of my readers would like to offer a virtual look inside your studios, I'd be happy to post your pics here with a link to your blog or website. Sort of an around-the-world studio hop!

2 comments:

Roann Mathias said...

Hi, Julie. Count me in. This is what my studio looked like before I moved into it: http://roanndesigns.blogspot.com/2007/10/new-studio.html

And these are the photos of it half-unpacked:http://roanndesigns.blogspot.com/2007/11/photos-of-studio-half-unpacked.html.

It is such a mess not that I don't want anyone to see it!

Glad to see that you were in cyberscribes.

WildmanDesigns said...

Roann, Roann, Roann!!!! Where are the photos of it completed????? Send 'em over here, woman!