Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Everyone!


This phrase "Love came down at Christmas" is from a carol written by the poet Christina Georgina Rossetti (1830-1894)

The letters in these greetings were done with my Adirondack Alphabet. Last winter, while on a hike in the Adirondacks, I found these little "messages" in the snow. I felt then, that if I just took note, perhaps some mystery would be revealed.

I was reminded that God has sent us a Message and has revealed Himself in the person of Jesus. He is always speaking to us, wanting to communicate with His creation.

That is why He came to earth.

To make Himself known to His children.

Because He loves us.

My prayer is that you would know His love and know the One who is Love this Christmas season and all the year through.

5 comments:

Shelly @ Life on the Wild Side said...

Merry Christmas to all of you, too, Julie. We're missing you, but thankful that we got to see you last Saturday.

CGR is one of my favorite poets. I love what you did here!

Kate said...

Julie,
Thanks for the creative letters and the inspiring words! See you in a couple of weeks.

Jane Farr said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Julie. Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!

Sarah said...

truth and beauty. gorgeous. happy new year!

Luce H. Zolna said...

I love the letters and the Christmas thoughts.