Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Someone You Should Meet

I can't believe it's almost been one year since I started this blog. Since that time, I have had the incredible opportunity to "meet" so many wonderfully talented people through the marvelous invention of the internet. How great is it that we get to chat and share creative ideas with people all over the world?!!!

One such person is my new friend, Marie Johansen. She is a very talented quilting artist who lives near Seattle (one of my most favorite places on earth!) Check out her beautiful work at www.zquilts.blogspot.com.

She and I decided to do a trade a while back. One of her pieces for one of mine. Well, I received this purse in the mail just before Christmas. Isn't it just gorgeous?! I love Marie's sense of color.









And here's another of her pieces from what she calls her "girl" series. This particular one is mine. I bought a bunch of these "postcards" for Christmas gifts and everyone I gave them to absolutely loved them! Please do check out her blog. You won't be sorry. :-)


1 comment:

Kate said...

I agree, Julie -- it's great fun sharing ideas with other artists from all around the country (and world). And I always love seeing what your latest projects are!