Saturday, April 10, 2010

Meet Artist Shannon Martin Wilson!

I found Shannon's beautiful website and blog after she became a follower of my blog. She is an artist, calligrapher and jewelry designer whose work just makes my heart sing.


Shannon describes her work "as a spiritual pursuit on canvas—sometimes peaceful, sometimes uncertain. Her art speaks of those places in between confusion and hope, guilt and redemption, doubt and belief. She is a student of calligraphy and a lover of words, and most of her newer canvases are but a stage on which image and text dance. Her seminary training and love for God is obvious in the words she chooses. It is her hope that through her art a soul-awakening conversation can take place between artist and viewer."


Please check out her sites by clicking on the orange words above. You won't be disappointed!




This piece is titled "Solstice".

3 comments:

zquilts said...

Anything orange is wonderful in my book - and this work is simply fabulous!

Jane Farr said...

I love Shannon's work too. (and I love that her studio is in the main living area of her house) :)

Shannon Wilson said...

Thank you, Julie, for sharing my work with your readers, your thoughtful comments, and for your own creative gifts back to the world!