It's one of my favorite words and one of my favorite things to do. I looked up the definition and found these:
• to have a wish or desire to know something
• the feeling aroused by something strange and surprising
• to be amazed at (I have a permanent crease on my forehead due to this one!!!)
• curiosity: a state in which you want to learn more about something
Lately, I've been journaling about the things I wonder. Here are just a few of them:
- I wonder how crumbs get into the silverware drawer when I’m only putting in clean silverware and the drawers are almost always closed.
- I wonder where do little boys go.
- I wonder why the honeycomb pattern is so present in nature and the universe and how one could possibly think that it happened randomly.
- I wonder how it will be to one day sit at the feet of Jesus and hear him speak.
- And I wonder what stories He will tell.
Here are some wonderings from my son and husband:
- I wonder how parrots can talk. (Josiah - age 7)
- I wonder how little kids grow into big people who don't even look like themselves. (Josiah - age 7)
- I wonder why so many of us are content to live life to the minimum instead of to the max. (Brad)
Thanks for listening!