Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer is Here!

Happy Summer, a few days early!

As you've probably figured out by now, I've been away from blogging for a couple of weeks. Being "mom" has kicked into full gear with the beginning of summer vacation for my almost-8-year-old son, so I haven't had much to blog about. However, yesterday the CCC hosted another outreach event at my local library. It was a gorgeous day outside, so we didn't have a lot of people, but the 30 or so that showed up had a great time! (As did we!)

I decided to do "tattoos". One could either choose a name or a favorite word, which I then wrote on the person's arm. I had practiced on myself the week before, and found that I was able to use a wide, broad-edged pen, a pointed brush, and the Sharpie Poster Paint pens with great ease. I also used some opaque Pelikan watercolors and some Crayola markers, all of which were very washable and non-toxic. So, I tried some of my favorite styles and got some fun results. Take a look!

5 comments:

Jody Meese said...

These are so fun!!! What a great idea, and beautifully done.

Catherine said...

How great is that! What a fun twist on an activity that is at every child friendly event. Hope I get an opportunity to graffiti some kids!

Kate said...

Beautiful! what a great idea!

WildmanDesigns said...

Thanks, everyone! I was, indeed, a great time. I loved interacting with the kids and even the adults, who actually seemed to be more giddy about their tattoos than the kids were. :-)

Lisa Holtzman said...

So cool, great job with your tatoos!