Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Christmas Tea

This isn't an art post. Or a calligraphy post. But it is something that I "worked on" for about a week,
so I thought I'd share it with all my blogging friends. 

Tea is a very special thing for me.
I love the art of making a fine pot of tea.
I love going to tea; hosting a tea; drinking tea and most of all, sharing tea with friends.

So, I had a Christmas Tea for a few dear friends of mine. 

The food table looked like this.

On the menu...

Yorkshire Tea

Classic Cream Scones served with Devonshire Cream
and strawberry and raspberry preserves


An assortment of finger sandwiches

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Cucumber & Alfalfa Sprouts
Cucumber, Red Pepper & Dill Cream Cheese
Chicken Salad with Red Grapes

And the Dessert Course

Lemon Pound Cake
Cranberry Orange Bread
Cream Cheese Brownies
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Chocolate Chubbies
Shortbread

I am half-Italian, and the modus operandi in our home was
to never let your guest go away hungry or thirsty.

I can assure you that the objective was met and that all were delightfully stuffed at the end! 


6 comments:

Shelly @ Life on the Wild Side said...

What fun, Julie! Everything looks so beautiful, and I KNOW it tasted wonderful. Love it!

Jane Farr said...

Looks wonderful Julie - a great and unique Christmas gift to your friends! (Looks artistic to me...)

nikheel said...

WOW! everything look, smell and taste has aesthetic.

Kathy McCreedy said...

How lovely! I'm eyeing that bright red Fiesta pitcher... is it vintage? Too cute! I'm sure you all had a blast. Merry Christmas, Julie!

WildmanDesigns said...

We did, indeed, have a wonderful time. And the food was delicious, if I do say so myself. :-)

Kathy: The Fiesta pitcher was not vintage. My friend loaned it to me (along with the red teapot) for the day. It's from her new Fiesta collection.

april said...

What a nice thing to do, Julie. Your table is beautiful and your menu sounds delightful! A special afternoon.