Saturday, January 15, 2011

Batik Piece with Writing

Happy New Year, Everyone!

I've got some new things to share with you, so I'll be posting quite a bit in this next week or so. The first one is a piece that I showed you earlier. I did the tree in Carol Pallesen's batik workshop. It took a while to decide what I wanted to write and I finally came up with this. (Words are mine.)

After writing it with a pointed pen and white gouache, I realized that the pointed pen is NOT one of my strengths. :-)

4 comments:

Jo Miller said...

Your pen work looks good to me! Always love the work.

Jane Farr said...

Julie, wow! I have to disagree with you; I think your lettering is terrific!! Your heart must have skipped a beat when you found this quote. It's perfect for the piece. Love, love, LOVE it. :)

Lisa Holtzman said...

I actually really like your lettering here. You always get great movement and flow in your lettering. Looks good to me!

Wedding-Calligrapher said...

I think the lettering works beautifully as part of this piece. I need to get me one of those batik dribbling thingies - looks like so much fun! x