Saturday, April 9, 2011

Meeting Fellow Blogger Jane Farr!




Today was the artists' reception for the juried show at the Newberry Library. And today was the day that I got to meet one of my favorite bloggers! Calligrapher extraordinaire, Jane Farr from A Place to Flourish, was there with her husband Tom. I am a huge fan of Jane's work, as well as her blog, so it was truly a delight to finally meet face to face.

Check back soon for a look at what went on at the reception today. (I'm at the mercy of others who photographed the day, since I was involved in a part of the program and couldn't photograph things myself. :-)

5 comments:

Marjorie said...

OMG- I thought she looked familiar when I saw her at the show, but just didnt approach her! Wish I had said something now! I love her blog too!
Loved your tree piece Julie! The whole show is awesome!

Renee Troy said...

Lucky you! Love, Jane! Hope you had fun...

nikheel said...

Good to see best calligraphers in one picture :) Hope you both had a great time.

WildmanDesigns said...

I wish all my readers could have been there. It was, indeed, a fabulous day! And all my calligraphic readers would have loved every minute of it! We actually had someone videotaping the performance and demos, so stay tuned for a YouTube link coming soon!

Jane Farr said...

Yay!!!!!! It was so great to meet you and see your beautiful lettering and artwork in person. (Tom is thrilled he got a shout out on your blog!) The CCC is a wonderful group!! The Exploration exhibit and reception were wonderful. We're so glad we made the trip from Indy. Thank you Julie for your kind words. Your work continually inspires me to be a creative in honor of my Creator! And thank you Marjorie, Renee and Nikheel - your comments warm my heart! :)