Sunday, July 24, 2011

A New Commission





Just read my last post from June. Just after that, our son was asked to be on the Little League All-Star team, so guess what I've been doing for the whole month of July??? :-)

I did have time to get this piece done for a commission job, though. The person is going through a difficult time in her life and wanted something to encourage and strengthen her. Her request was that it be "bright earth tones" in a watercolor background, with white text. And she likes flourishes.

The final size is 8" x 10".

5 comments:

Jane Farr said...

What beautiful truth so brilliantly designed and lettered!

LuckyDog said...

How beautiful!
I'm sure she loved it.

Harvest said...

This piece is just stunning. I am a real fan of your work, Julie, and the piece that graces my studio walls always reminds me live in Praise.

WildmanDesigns said...

Thank you, Jane, LuckyDog, and Harvest! The woman who commissioned this asked me to do another just like it to give to a friend. So, back to the drawing board. :-)

Ireland hotels said...

Wow!Really very beautiful, I like it.